The membership and executive committee of the Education Network of AMaGA:
- supports and advocates formal and informal learning and interpretation as core functions of museums and galleries
- facilitates the exchange of innovative practice, research and evaluation by its members
- engage in a regular discussion and exchange of information about current issues concerning learning and interpretation in museums and galleries eg life long learning; inclusivity; school curriculum; links with community; learning styles; authentic learning contexts.
- organise a challenging and stimulating professional development program for members at the MA national conference
- increase active participation and membership of state education networks
- publicise innovative and cutting edge practice
- initiate project-based interstate exchange programs for members
- support overseas exchange programs for members in association with ICOM Australia
- engage in formal and informal dialogue with the other relevant MA national networks to further our aims
Contact: Samantha Rutter
If you have any questions about joining this network or MA please contact the National Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org 02 6230 0346.
Please note that, in accordance with the Australian Museums and Galleries Australia Constitution and By-Laws, all members of National Networks must be current members of AMaGA.