Dear Museums Australia Education members,
RE: AGM and Election of new Committee
On Saturday 23 May 2015 at 12.30-1.30pm the Museums Australia Education National Network will hold its Annual General Meeting and elections for new committee members at the Museums Australia National Conference in Sydney. The (hopefully brief) AGM will be followed by a small celebration and acknowledgement of the MA education group’s 40th anniversary.
The AGM will include the election of a new committee.
Based on a motion carried at the AGM in Canberra on 17 May 2013, it was agreed that:
- committees would be elected for a 2 year period
- the three categories of committee positions (i.e. core executive, state/territory reps and ordinary) would remain, but that the positions of President, Secretary and Treasurer all come from the same state or territory, while the position of Vice-President is filled by the next state or territory which will take on the key roles of President, Secretary and Treasurer (i.e. in two years’ time) to create a smoother transition from committee to committee.
- State/territory reps and ordinary committee members can serve beyond the two years of a committee term but must be re-elected so that others can join the committee
The current executive – President (Andrew Hiskens, Vic), Vice-President (Angela Casey, ACT), Treasurer (Peter Hoban, Vic) and Secretary (Christine Healey, Vic) – have indicated that they are prepared to serve another 2-year term before the role moves to the ACT, as currently planned.
We would like to encourage you all to nominate for the MAE committee or to nominate one of your colleagues (with their permission!). The work is not onerous, and mostly involves participating in conference calls 3-4 times a year. Nomination forms can be downloaded here or requested via email.
There are great benefits to being on the MAE committee including:
- working with great colleagues from other cultural institutions around Australia
- providing a professional development service for yourself and your colleagues
- establishing relationships within this key cultural education sector, and
- networking at a local state and national level.
We look forward to seeing you all at the on Saturday 23 May 2015, 12.30-1.30pm in the Treasury Room at Sydney Town Hall. You need not be a delegate at the conference to attend this meeting
President – MAE
To email the committee: email@example.com